Chewing is good for your dog’s mental and physical health regardless of their age. However, for older pets, it’s important to provide them with safe and appropriate treats and chews. Naturally, as a parent of a senior pet, you’re probably concerned about the right type of treats to give to your older dog.
When choosing chews and treats for your senior canine, it’s important to select ones that are smaller and not too hard for his teeth. Equally vital, is to avoid giving him unwanted chemicals, preservatives or additives that can be toxic to his aging system. Therefore, always choose all natural, whole meat, fish and vegetable options that will work well for your dog’s digestion and health needs. Here we have put together our choices of the very best:
- Salmon and Sweet Potato Chips - Cut to small circular bite sized pieces, these smoked salmon and sweet potato chips contain omega 3’s, are high in protein and naturally grain-free.
- Salmon Jerky Bites - Salmon jerky bites are cut to one to two inches long, and thanks to their firm but not too hard texture, are great for your older dog’s dental. health.
- Jerky Trail Mix - Made from 100% all-natural, grass-fed, free-range beef, this jerky trail mix is a mix of bits and pieces. Naturally high in protein, these beef chews are easily digestible and serve as a healthy alternative to rawhide and manufactured chews.
- Small Bites Combo Pack – Your doggy will never be bored with the variety of smaller shapes and sizes in this combo pack. They’re made from 100% all-natural oven-baked meat, without added hormones, preservatives or chemicals.
- Tripe Chips - When your senior pup craves great flavor there’s nothing like these tasty square-like shaped delights. Single-ingredient treat sourced from only grass-fed, free-range beef, they come packaged in a re-sealable bag for long lasting freshness.
Offer your senior four-legged friend a variety of these high-quality treats to provide him with an array of flavors and textures that will please his palate, help keep his teeth clean, and provide great nutrition. Of course, if your pet has any special health concerns, you should consult your veterinarian for additional guidance.
At Nature Gnaws, our treats and chews are made from 100% grass-fed, free-range, all-natural oven-baked beef, smoked fish and vegetables, and are completely free of hormone injections or genetic modification, with no added flavors or preservatives - because nothing is too good for our dogs.
For more information, please visit www.naturegnaws.com today.