Today, many people work from home and are concerned about how to keep their pet occupied while they work. Bored dogs often find ways to entertain themselves in ways that can be destructive. Of course, all dogs need an adequate amount of your attention since they are social animals, but they don’t require your attention all the time. With a little creativity it's easy to keep your pet happy while you're busy working.
- Give your dog something that can help him have a positive association with the beginning of your work day, such as a new toy. When he has accumulated a good selection, rotate them, putting some away and bringing others out. Doing so will keep all of his toys new and exciting, giving him something fun to enjoy each day.
- Stimulate or calm your pup with sound. If he's easily bored, turn on the TV so the sound of voices or animal sounds can liven up your quiet home. Likewise, if he is prone to anxiety, putting on some gentle, soothing music can help ease his discomfort.
- Offer your curious pup a view. Open the curtains and windows, or provide peek holes in your outdoor fence so he can watch the activity outside in your neighborhood. Make sure to give him a cozy seat by his viewing area and then let him enjoy.
- Make finding food, treats, and toys an adventure. Place small dishes of dry food in various areas around the house for him to discover. Buy food puzzles, or stuff a hollow toy with natural peanut butter.
- Treat him with a healthy chew. Dogs love to chew. The activity can keep them occupied for long periods of time and can also help relieve anxiety or frustration. Giving him a healthful chew will not only keep him from chewing on your clothing and household items, but it will help keep his teeth their cleanest by scouring away plaque and dirt. However, remember to choose only the best quality, natural chew to keep your furry baby from damaging or fracturing teeth, or from being exposed to harmful chemicals or additives. One great choice is a Nature Gnaw Bully Stick which are made from 100% all-natural, grass-fed, free-range beef. Oven-baked without added hormones, preservatives or chemicals, they are naturally high in protein, easily digestible and serve as a healthy alternative to rawhide and manufactured chews.
At Nature Gnaws, we offer a wide variety of chews made from 100% grass-fed, free-range, all-natural beef, completely free of hormone injections or genetic modification, and with no added flavors or preservatives.
For more information, please visit www.naturegnaws.com today.